Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Eye Has It


What you see above is the awesome shoulder pad of our upcoming Minions-themed Space Marine army, the Sons of Minos! Biscuit, as usual, did a great job of visualizing the shoulder insignia and John at Santa Cruz Warhammer took up the challenge to sculpt it on a tiny 6mm tall shoulder pad! John's a talented miniature artist, who does commissions ahem, and he's pretty much captured this perfectly. "Squidley" is what I believe he called the Monster Master icon, and I can't wait to get my brush on these! We had looked at doing custom waterslide transfers, but no, this is going to be so much better. If you haven't voted on a color scheme yet, do so now! John describes the whole process in this latest post, check it out.

3 comments:

  1. I love it! My Nids from Hive Fleet Karkas would love to join this force!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you guys manage to get shoulder plates cast up or are they all hand-sculpted?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe we are gonna have some cast up but I am unsure how many that entails. Gyro has more of the specifics on that.

    ReplyDelete